HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Tape Edge Operator position at our Long View Plant in Long View, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:00am-3:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Roll stack of unfinished mattresses from the staging area to the lift table.
- Slide mattresses on the lift table platform.
- Slide individual mattress onto the tape edge machine platform. Regulate the mattress to eliminate bumps, creases, if necessary.
- Activate the tape edge machine. Align the edges of the top cover and side material into the mouth of the machine.
- Lead the tape edge machine around the circumference of the table, feeding both sides of the material into the mouth of the machine – Complete for both sides of the mattress.
- Stack completed unit a wheeled pallet and move to packaging staging area.
- Change tape on machine as necessary.
- Must have excellent work record and attendance.
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Must be able to regularly stand, walk, use hands, and reach.
- Must be able to work overtime if needed.
- Must be able to complete other duties as assigned by management or lead person.