Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator (Punch & Slot Operator). This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant location in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:00am-3:30pm). Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Get flats of cushions
- Place cushion on table.
- Get pattern and place on cushion
- Punch, slot, and/or bevel the cushion per the pattern.
- Place finished units on a flat.
- Take finished flats to next operation.
- Move flats of finished work to tying area.
- Sharpen knives when necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to use saws and utility knife.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to pull, push, and lift foam.
- Must be able to read, write, and complete production sheets after each order.
- Must be able to work over time if needed.
- Prior Punch & Slot experience is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.