To operate and maintain induction tempering machines according to customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Report to lead person at beginning of shift for production schedule.
- Set-up and maintain tempering machines according to production schedule and quality standards.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of equipment and possess the ability to adjust the machine to produce product to specification in a safe, efficient manner.
- Load rod coils onto drawing machine payoffs.
- Operate and run machine to produce a finished product.
- Using quality specifications and gauges, check product for any quality irregularities. Complete required quality inspection documentation.
- At the end of each run, generate inventory finish ticket and related paperwork.
- Replenish materials to produce products, as needed with use of forklift.
- Remove completed products from machine to storage device using forklift.
- Safely and efficiently operate forklift as needed.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a proactive, safety mindset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- See Physical Requirements form below.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will be subject to moderate noise from machines and metal parts.
- The temperature in this work area may range from 30 degrees to in excess of 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Will work with solvents, oils and grease daily.
- This area is dirty and dusty on a regular basis.
- Normal work hours vary by department. Overtime is required when necessary. Overtime is dependent upon production demands. The staring time or ending time of the shift as well as days of the week working may vary dependent upon overtime requirements. Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and understand work orders in English.
- Ability to write in English in order to complete written records for quality checks and/or material use, as required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate mechanical issues to maintenance personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality issues to lead person.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Ability to successfully become forklift certified upon hire