This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Tube Mill Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 3rd shift position, Sunday- Thursday 11:30 pm- 7:30 am. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting Mill Operator with length adjustments on deburr and de-dimple equipment
- Assist with quality tests, routine maintenance, new set-ups and tooling changes
- Entry operations such as TIG welding spray painting butt welds
- Maintain scarf and bead winding station
- Operate forklift to move raw material and/or finished product
- Perform process checks, rework, and paperwork
- Clear minor jams on the machine
- Maintain production schedule
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measure, industrial size hand tools.
- Must be able to drive a forklift (Experience preferred.)
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take direction well.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Must have strong mechanical ability.
- Must have average computer skills.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.