Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Hand Cutter. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain work order from coordinator/lead person, then obtain proper material and patterns from designated areas.
- Place foam sheets on cutting table, then place the pattern on the foam sheet and mark the shape of the pattern onto the foam.
- Turn saw on and cut the drawn pattern.
- Stack completed parts on flats, label, and delivery to designated areas, marking off completed parts off orders as they are completed and leave.
- Remove scrap from table and place in buggies and deliver to designated area.
- Replace blades in saw as need.
- Wear all required PPE.
- Keep area clean and free of debris or hazards.
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain correct size, weight, and type of foam.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply) and use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand orders.
- Must be able to lay patterns on foam and mark material usage.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends if necessary.
- Experience in cutting foam or fiber is preferred.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.