Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Manual Press Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday-Friday, 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
- Punches and/or forms metal parts with a press machine.
- Retrieve pieces of raw materials from rack or bin and place in machine.
- Rotate raw materials through various positions in die.
- Place finished pieces in an empty bin or rack.
- Check parts quality.
- Fill out paper work properly (First piece inspection sheets)
- Make quality checks every 100 pcs. & record results hourly.
- Train new hires and/ or cross train employees
- Maintain maintenance records.
- Perform safety check each day and inform maintenance of issues.
- Maintain safe operation.
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to count and do simple math skills.
- Some press experience or mechanical background is preferred.
- Must have forklift experience.
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measures, crane, gauges, and other various general hand tools.