Performs various tasks necessary to weld powder coated metal products. This position is for (1) 1st shift: Mon. – Fri. : 6am -2pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Utilize various tools to remove and set dies into press .This may require help from lift driver.
- Load steel into uncoils with electric winch.
- Adjust metal fed to length required by part number.
- Run press in automatic or manual mode.
- Perform part quality inspections using appropriate measuring devices or gages.
- Perform basic math to adjust press.
- Read blue print.
- Record inspection results on quality record.
- Stop press and adjust or advise Supervisor/Lead to quality issues.
- Track and record downtime of press during production run.
- Attach labels to product produced.
- Record part number and production quantities on Production Record/Scan sheet.
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
- Perform repair and maintenance activities on equipment as assigned. This may include help from the maintenance department when necessary.
- Empty slug buckets or containers as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. .
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality issues to supervisor, lead, and tool and die personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate mechanical issues to maintenance personnel.
- Ability to record quality and production information on records.
- Ability to read print and using measurement tools, effectively evaluate part for conformity.
- Ability to read instructions for operation, gauging, or other instructions needed for job.