Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator II. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Lenoir Plant in Lenoir, NC. This is a 3rd shift position, Sunday-Thursday, 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the lead person to determine what needs to be cut or slit at the beginning of each shift.
- Check all tags and measure each block before cutting to determine correct sizes.
- After cutting or slicing, re-measure to ensure proper size according to the ticket.
- Change blades as needed (proper gloves required)
- Assist unloading machine as needed.
- Assist others in pulling blocks from the wall that can be used.
- If placing blocks on the wall, ensure they are marked with size and proper foam type.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in shipping area
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to pull, push, and lift blocks of foam
- Must be able to read, write, and complete production sheets after each order.
- Must be able to work over time if needed.
- Prior Band Saw, Slitter, Wedge Saw, or any Saw is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.