Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring Machine Operators for opportunities located in Euless, Texas.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine metal fabrication related duties in support of the parts production process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working from drawings, route sheets, charts, blueprints and factory work orders incumbent will setup and operate all functions of assigned machines & equipment with minimum assistance. Operator will select the appropriate bits, wheels, machine speeds, punches and dye tolerances and feed rates. Will sets dyes, locating devices, stops, clamps, guides, and guards for the safe and efficient operation of the machines & equipment. Will adjust machine settings for various material thicknesses, temper, clamp placements and work order requirements.
- Employee will be responsible for equipment operation to include but not limited to: shear, brake press, drill press, turrets, angle lines, coping machine, roll-forming machine, band saw, punch press / iron worker, plasma table and rivet / PIM inserter machines.
- Responsible for inspecting own parts as well as those of others using tools such as tape measures, scales, calipers and possibly various computerized measuring devices.
- Must be able to read and complete production orders, QA and manufacturing documentation as required.
- Performs secondary operations, such as cleaning and deburring, to manufactured parts as required.
- Operates overhead hoists and forklifts to move material and necessary equipment to perform machine operations. Will arrange parts as needed for production and deliver raw stock, partially completed work, and completed jobs to appropriate storage or production areas.
- Completes basic preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment. Performs visual safety checks for machine wear, damage to tooling and correct positioning of safety guards.
- Assists other machine operators as required.
- Incumbent is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s).
- Required to follow Corporate Safety guidelines and may participate in audits, incident investigations, etc. as needed.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Completed High School Diploma or GED desired.
- Minimum one (1) year of related machine operating experience required.
- Requires a thorough understanding of shop practices and procedures.
- Requires a basic understanding of producing & inspecting precision components.
- Must be able to read and interpret average to complex blueprints, drawings, tolerance information, route sheets, factory work orders, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to use various precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, calipers, dial indicators, protractors, and tape measures to ensure components have been manufactured to tight tolerances.
- Required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
- A general knowledge of personal computers in a Windows environment preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
PLANNED WORKING SCHEDULE (Req #28529):
Monday – Wednesday every other Thursday: 5:00am – 5:00pm.
Overtime may be required based on business conditions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.