This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand we are currently recruiting for qualified Machine Operator Helpers for opportunities located in Euless, Texas.
Assist in the operation of various machinery to produce specific products in accordance with blue prints, work instructions, measurements or prototypes. A degree of skill, technique and mechanical knowledge is desired. May be assigned to different types of machines as production and business needs require.
- Assist the machine operator with set-up and / or change over activities.
- Assist machine operators by performing duties of lesser skills, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Will be required to load and unload items from machines.
- Will be required to lubricate equipment to required specifications for daily operation.
- Learn to set up and operate various types of fabricating equipment.
- Learn to identify equipment malfunctions and notify maintenance, senior machine operator, team lead and/or supervisor.
- Learn to use and read calipers and tape measure.
- Learn to read engineering drawings and understand tolerances.
- Learn to read production orders and understand material requirements to produce product.
- Learn to sign off on operations performed on production orders, count and report quantities.
- Learn to safety operate various power hand tools used to prepare, shape and clean the metal pieces, using grinders and sanding equipment.
- Learn proper technique to deburr material surfaces.
- Examine parts and ensure they are to quality standards.
- Transfers finished materials, tools and equipment between storage and work areas by hand, hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
- Accomplishing the required tasks within a specified time, that is considered adequate for a machine operator helper.
- Must work safely and adhere to all PPE and safety requirements.
- Perform any other related duties as required and/or special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Vocational or Technical School certificate / diploma is not required, but preferred.
- Previous experience operating machinery plus six (6) to twelve (12) months' work experience as a machine operator helper or similar role desired.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of fabrication a plus
- A good command of the English language including ability to read, write and communicate.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous. May be required to push, pull or move 100 lbs. or more using the appropriate tools (forklift, hoist, tilt-table, skates or mules) up to 2% of the time.
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods.
- Working knowledge of computer desired.
- Will be required to pass a skills assessment test.
- Must adhere to site policies and EHS safety requirements (i.e. Personal Protective Equipment).
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to work overtime, which may be required, based on business need.
PLANNED WORKING SCHEDULE (Req #27941):
Monday – Wednesday every other Thursday: 5:00pm to 5:00am.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.