This job is archived
HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Wire Drawing Operator position at our Wire Technology location in Conover, NC. This is a night shift position (Rotating 12-hour shift – 8 PM to 8 AM). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check with lead person at beginning of shift to determine the production schedule.
- Set-up and maintain wire drawing machines according to production schedule and quality standards – making minor adjustments as necessary.
- Load rod coils on to drawing machine payoffs.
- Operator and run machine to produce a finished product.
- Perform quality inspections on regular basis throughout shift.
- At end of each run, generate inventory finish ticker and related paperwork.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Maintain good safety practices.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record
- Must have machine experience.
- Must be able to work/communicate well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Must be able to work in cold/hot temperature
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs or more
- Knowledge of Wire Drawing operation is preferred.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift experience preferred