This job is archived
HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Shot Blaster Operator position at our Wire Technology Plant in Conover, NC. This is a night shift position (Rotating 12 hour shift – 6:00pm-6:00am). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check with lead person or supervision to determine the production schedule at the beginning of each shift.
- Read machine schedule and make preproduction checks.
- Get coil of steel from staging area and prepare wire rod for shot blasting
- Load rod of coil on shot blaster boom
- Perform quality inspection for proper cleaning of raw material.
- Load road on dip hook for material coating.
- Take finished rods to production staging area.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Must have a good work record and attendance history.
- Must have High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Must have machine experience.
- Must be able to perform machine, material and dip tank inspections.
- Must be able to trouble shoot machinery.
- Knowledge of Wire Drawing operation is preferred.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Must be able to Multi task.
- Must be able to work and communicate well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work overtime if needed
- Other duties as deemed by management.