This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday-Friday, 3:30 PM-11:30 PM. Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Minor machine set-ups and assist in repairs of machine.
• Inspect machine and all hand tools for any hazards to ensure machine is running properly.
• Some welding experience is preferred - this position will have the opportunity to move into a Welding role.
• Retrieve part from machine and place in designated area.
• Using measuring devices – check part quality.
• Complete pertinent paperwork for production and quality.
• Maintain a safe and clean work area.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Have at least six months experience in manufacturing environment
• Some welding experience a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Attention to detail.
• Teamwork and communication skills.
• Must be 18 years of age to perform this job.
• Must be able to meet production requirements.