This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Facility Maintenance Worker for an opportunity located in Euless, Texas.
The Facility Maintenance Worker is responsible for supporting the maintenance team by cleaning in and around the warehouse, production equipment and facility grounds. Working with the facility / maintenance support team to identify safety concerns, maintenance & recycling opportunities and performing general labor duties in and around the facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is fully competent and approved to perform maintenance tasks & repairs within the scope of assigned responsibility.
- Maintains lawn and facility grounds as required.
- Works with other members of the maintenance team in servicing electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning equipment, and in maintenance tasks involving all buildings and grounds.
- Assists with recycling activities, clean up and unloading of work as required using fork lift.
- Assists with site setup of plant materials. Ensures that job / site staging area is clean and organized.
- Perform carpentry, general workshop cleaning as necessary and as assigned.
- Assists with installation of new equipment, appliances, and/or equipment parts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED desired.
- Previous experience as a laborer, maintenance helper, groundskeeper, or similar work involving facility maintenance a plus.
- Must have full range of mobility in upper and lower extremities to be able to reach overhead and to work in various positions for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Fork lift certification required.
- Must be able to follow all quality, EHS, and safety rules.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills a plus.
The incumbent may be exposed to moving parts, non-climate-controlled work environment, hot temperatures in buildings without air conditioning and moderate to loud noise levels while performing the duties of this job.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.