This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Material Handler(1st Shift) Hiddenite. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- At the beginning of each shift, move empty flats to end of conveyor lines.
- Unload any leftover foam block left on conveyors.
- Make stencils for marking on finished foam and label finished units with the correct stencil or tag according to shipping orders.
- Remove scrap from the end of the buns as it is cut off and place in scrap buggy.
- Remove scrap buggies that are full and bring back empties.
- Take finished units to the next operation or to the shipping area.
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in production area.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to perform simple math (i.e. – counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing).
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Prior Material Handler experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.