Our fast-growing, fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Material Handler. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 2+ years’ experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail and is committed to workplace safety. This is a night shift position (Monday-Thursday– 7:30 pm-6:00 am). Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute material to department as needed.
- Organize material in stock area in an orderly manner.
- Remove empty boxes or flats when material has been used.
- Use forklift to move raw material and finished goods.
- Perform plant wide and grounds housekeeping
- Adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing, or material handling is a plus.
- Must be able to use a forklift safely.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Must be able to meet production requirements.