This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Commscope is hiring an Operations Supervisor in Euless, TX.
General Summary :
Ensure that production targets are met. Ensure good working culture / discipline in the workplace / security and safety of operations and workforce. Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and supervising the activities into shifts. Ensures that departmental goals are achieved by communicating objectives. Provides feedback to management regarding overall individual team member performance. Responsible for motivating employees and enhancing skills to their highest potential.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Oversee shift schedules and work allocation and ensure that production targets are met. Prioritize workloads in order to meet product needs/objectives in all areas as directed by Operations Supervisor. Manages and mentors shop-floor workers, shift leaders to optimize overall effectiveness on shifts. Ensure that systems and procedures are followed
- Ensures that employees are at work on time, actively engaged in their assigned work and conforming to established safety regulations. Ensures that all company policies are followed. Provides immediate performance feedback/counseling as required to resolve employee conflicts. Assist in short-term resolution of emergency situations (e.g., injuries) or safety issues, attendance issues, conduct, etc. In emergency type situations will make an independent decision on the course of corrective action. Administers direct supervisory responsibilities for manufacturing personnel, including training, performance evaluation, corrective action, promotional recommendations and work schedules.
- Works with various support functions (e.g., Operations Supervisor, Engineering, maintenance, etc.) to resolve production problems and will assist in troubleshooting. Provides feedback to Engineering and management on equipment operation and production effectiveness (road blocks and positives).
- Responsible for completing daily and monthly status reports pertaining to production, employee performance/conduct and process flow.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects
- Any other relevant duty as assigned by the Mgmt
Required Qualification :
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors Degree in related curriculum such as Engineering is preferred
- 5+ yrs experience and a high level of skill and knowledge in local manufacturing/production operations.
- Experience working in supervisory positions for at least 5 years or demonstrates supervisory qualities.
- Basic computer skills are a must
- Must have excellent communication/leadership skills.
- Must have excellent people skills and have strong potential for strong leadership development
Skills Required :
- Preferred proficiency in SAP as it relates to time and attendance, material transactions, etc.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.