This job is archived
Sarstedt, Inc., an Injection Molding Facility, is looking for a Production Supervisor to support their Finishing Department on 2nd Shift. Base hours are 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm. This is an hourly non-exempt position.
Directs and oversees activities of the various production department in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains technical personnel on theoretical/practical Secondary Operations practices, as well as troubleshooting techniques.
- Directs and oversees personnel in various production departments, assigning work priorities as needed.
- Responsible for tracking and forwarding production efficiencies, scrap reduction methods, and cost saving opportunities.
- Administers, documents, and evaluates on the job training.
- Ensures that safety and operating guidelines are being followed at all times and reports any unsafe conditions to the department manager immediately.
- Compiles reports concerning progress of work, downtime due to failures of machines and equipment, and personnel performance.
- Schedules all orders and change-overs as required.
- Investigates and resolves machine problems with assistance from other departments.
Directly supervises up to 40 employees in the Injection Molding and Secondary Operations departments. May be responsible for occasionally supervising employees in Maintenance, Receiving, and Packing. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- One year certificate in Mechanical or Industrial field from a college or technical school; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in automated printing-, labeling- and assembly machines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word Processing software, Inventory and Manufacturing software.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company participates in E-Verify