Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instrumentation is seeking a Technician in our Secondary Operations department. Sarstedt offers a competitive wage and benefits package with this position.
The Secondary Operations Technician sets-up, maintains, improves, tests, troubleshoots, and modifies production components, parts, equipment, and machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for restarting machinery when there is an alarm or problem.
- Prepares and sets-up printing machinery for order changes according to production schedule.
- Responsible for cleaning and improvements on all production equipment, documenting any requirements needed.
- Checks print quality of product produced and adjusts machine accordingly.
- Contributes to maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requires listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificate in Mechanics, Electronics, or related field from a college or technical school; and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to managers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high places and fumes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sarstedt, Inc. participates in E-Verify