Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
This position is for a Category Manager for Transportation & Logistics, inclusive of freight and warehousing. This role is responsible for the development and effective execution of sourcing strategies for the category. Responsible to drive category strategies while working with the business to optimize costs for the company. Plans for and leads competitive sourcing events and other activities in support of category strategies. Develops effective negotiation strategies and conducts negotiations with suppliers to achieve category and business objectives. Manages risk mitigation efforts and oversees on-going monitoring activities. Forms and executes contracts with critical suppliers.
- Strategic Sourcing –Leads the development and implementation of sourcing events and cost optimization projects in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Conducts analyses of supply, demand, market, commodity, supplier, contract and “should cost” modeling to determine category strategies.
- Monitors and supports industry analyses and trends, and supplier risk profiles, to keep category strategy current while supporting business requirements.
- Develops complex sourcing events and qualifies, evaluates and selects suppliers for targeted spend.
- Tracks category spend and savings based on completion and awards of sourcing events.
- Supports internal teams with total cost of ownership reviews for business case and supply chain proposals.
- Supplier Relationship Management – Leads multiple supplier relationship management efforts focused on improving total cost of ownership, quality, delivery and continuous improvement
- Identifies current and potential future strategic suppliers.
- Implements Supplier Relationship Management program for supply base inclusive of supplier scorecards, supplier review meetings and contractual reviews.
- Develops plans with suppliers that support business goals and strategies and drive continuous improvement and collaboration to bring value to both the company and the supplier.
- Ensures supply assurance via supplier escalations as required.
- Leads the resolution of disputes with suppliers.
- Contracting – Leads negotiations to establish contracts that support category strategies while meeting business requirements.
- Reviews, analyzes, verifies and negotiates contract modifications in partnership with Legal and the business.
- Manage claims to resolution and successfully minimize overall impact to business.
- Ensures suppliers comply with contract terms and meet all commitments.
- Two years plus of contract formation knowledge and experience, negotiation and project management skills preferred.
- 3 years of enterprise-wide warehousing category management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office suite and experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service & cross functional program management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills are required.
- 3+ years of sourcing, category management, purchasing or logistics experience required.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.