Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Manager, Continuous Process Improvement in Catawba, NC
The Continuous Process Improvement Leader role adopts the Lean into Excellence Culture;
Vision - Global Supply Chain Continuous Improvement goal is to maximize profitability through world class manufacturing strategies and their tactical deployment that drives value creation & waste elimination.
Culture - Embracing a lean mentality - A true culture change requires a fundamental shift in how we think about what we do. By adopting methods such as Lean & Six Sigma, we are continually aiming for Zero waste, Zero defects and Zero customer complaints
People - Elevating our expertise to empower greater efficiency - We learn best together. Proactive, interactive education unlocks our full potential. As we expand our knowledge and hone our skills, we enhance our ability to adapt to changing market needs and deliver superior solutions in shorter timeframes with fewer errors.
Process - Eliminating waste and excess through continuous improvement - In a lean & Six Sigma environment, every process must add value. We closely monitor and evaluate how we design, produce and deliver our solutions and services. Removing unnecessary steps and streamlining essential activities enables us to maximize operational speed, quality and safety at an optimal cost.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your role will be key in
- enhancing the customer experience based on CommScope delivering world class performance and products.
- creating an environment and culture at all local levels focused on waste elimination and maximizing value add.
- assisting local stakeholders to improve the organization through their personal development of knowledge, understanding & empowering deployment of change through Lean/ Six sigma principles and techniques.
The scope of the Leaders role will encompass CommScope’s Extended Value Stream which will include but not be limited to
- Supply Chain (Suppliers, Supplier Logistics, Direct Shipment).
- Operations (factory, inter entity & DC’s including supporting logistics).
- Local Site Business Process (indirect functions and IT systems and infrastructure not including Corp. IT functions).
- Customer related processes.
The position will be responsible to create an environment locally that
- promotes, communicates, educates, deploys and delivers consistent performance to continuous improvement goals through a balance of quality and speed.
- supports Integrity of Design, Production and Delivery at optimum cost, based on the business need to meet the customer requirements.
- monitor execution of local and own objectives to goal and initiating course changes as and when required in support of goal attainment.
The position will be responsible locally to deliver the Lean into Excellence Culture by
- delivering and promoting the Lean into Excellence program.
- create a Kaizen culture that embraces “speed” for positive change.
- create a culture of learning directed to achieving goals, through effective training and support of skill development in program.
- be an integral partner with other departments eg. Design, Operations, Manufacturing Eng, Quality Eng, Planning, Procurement, PLM etc. in Continuous Improvement.
- assist cross functional utilization of Continuous Improvement tools, further to also encourage effective communication of ideas, feedback, and concerns from all levels of the organization.
The position will require proficiency and understanding in
- Responsibility for Profit improvements (PIP) goals attainment for the local site.
- Responsibility of PIP reporting status and results to Regional Director.
- CAPEX financial awareness and acumen in support of PIP’s.
The role will support and encourage development of our people through
- active learning in a cross functional environment eg. - workshops.
- training, mentoring, and coaching with regards to utilization of appropriate tools and techniques, such as Lean, Six Sigma, VSM to reduce waste, reduce variability, improve processes, and identify and mitigate risks.
- assist with the execution of CommScope’s local belt program white, orange, green and where required black belt certified practitioners support Lean into Excellence and PIP programs.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline, with 5+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of the basic and advanced tools of Continuous Improvement such as; Lean Manufacturing, TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poka Yoke, etc. and to be black belt certified.
- Ability to train and educate employees at all levels of the organization. Coaching skills can be demonstrated through confidence, patience and communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to lead project teams through the Lean into Excellence program and associated tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities by maintaining the right balance between meeting business requirements and managing available resources.
- Ability to drive change where required.
- Hands on experience preferably obtained within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate with different Business Function managers.
- Willing to travel (15% to 25% including international travel)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.