Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Commscope is hiring a Procurement Manager in Claremont, NC
Procurement managers have overall responsibility for the site purchasing function through the purchasing staff. Manage and coordinate the procurement of materials, components, equipment, supplies, and services for facility, including capital equipment at favorable cost consistent with schedule and specifications. If applicable, ensures that the needs of the local R&D team are met through driving involvement of the Procurement team on the New Product Introduction process as it relates to external suppliers, with the objective of launching new product at optimum cost with the right suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Purchase and negotiate raw material contracts and MRO items.
- Manage the performance of the vendor base as well as ensuring Quarterly Business Reviews are held with all key suppliers.
- Anticipate and forecast changes in the raw material marketplace that would materially affect business. Develop contingency plans accordingly.
- Leverage material purchases to provide a distinctive difference between CommScope and its competitors.
- Contributes to the development of the supply chain Strategies as appropriate for specific Business Units/Products with the goal of ensuring the optimum match of supplier to requirements.
- Assist in corporate negotiations for global vendor base (both in region and multi-national).
- Improve cash flow by extending supplier payment terms and increasing raw material inventory turns.
- Conducts detailed cost analysis of components, utilizing ‘Should Cost’ data to drive to lowest cost.
- Generate and analyze RFQ/bid proposals. Includes understanding and executing total cost of ownership analysis, risk analysis, supplier interviews, supplier selection, supplier site audits, supplier qualification, cost negotiations, establishing contracts/non-disclosure agreements and ongoing strategic supplier development.
- Continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Ensures the all CommScope policies and procedures as they relate to this role are adhered to all times.
- (If applicable) Support R&D with New Product Introduction in the following areas through the resources of the local Procurement team: -
- Drive early supplier involvement with all new designs from the concept stage onwards, ensuring that supplier DFM feedback is considered in the final design.
- Responsible for product BOM costs from Concept to final Production launch, ensuring that BOM cost targets for individual projects are achieved.
- Collaborates with Design Engineering and global factory based purchasing teams to identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities on existing and new products.
- Completed Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of related experience in a procurement role managing procurement professionals
- Must demonstrate capability to lead a cross functional team and project management skills.
- 10% to 15% travel required (domestic and international
Nice to have Skills:
- SAP Experience
- Wire and Cable experience
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.