This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for a Transportation Manager to join our team in Claremont, NC
Transportation Manager is responsible for actively contributing to the Global Transportation department under the direction of the Director of Global Transportation. The associate is accountable for managing the Over The Road (OTR) Less Than Truckload (LTL) and/or Truckload (TL) modal category to meet cost, service, and quality requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ensuring all transportation partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Monitor and mitigate transport costs.
- Manages RFI, RFQ, and RFP processes and requirements with disciplined bid process execution and negotiation of transportation pricing, service and quality.
- Ensure suppliers are effectively managed and held accountable through measurement of performance and continuous improvement, including delivery performance, quality improvement, cost reduction/control, and response time.
- Effectively manage the development, negotiation, and compliance of all supplier agreements and partnerships.
- Partner with key stakeholders and leadership to understand strategic direction, supply requirements, business objectives and priorities in order to develop and execute effective sourcing and demand management strategies
- Achieve stakeholder’s business requirements while effectively capturing value (i.e. cost improvements, risk mitigation, cost avoidance, process improvements, supplier consolidation)
- Serve as a go-to partner and strategic thought leader for all spend initiatives and supplier engagements related to LTL and/or Truckload.
- Overall responsibility for developing, communicating and implementing procurement strategies for responsible modal spend category.
- Be a trusted advisor by developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders to support business needs
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with suppliers while ensuring ongoing management of contracts and associated metrics/KPIs and continuous improvement efficiencies.
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Initiates investigations into root causes of damages, shortages, and overcharges for freight, or other customer complaints and well as resolution.
- Understand current and future trends related to LTL and/or Truckload transportation, acting as a subject matter expert related to transportation market trends, influences, and impacts
- Demonstrates financial analysis skills including ability to assess supplier proposals and understanding of supplier cost structure.
- Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis
- Understand and oversee the execution of best in class transportation services
- Other duties as assigned
- A completed Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of related experience, in a Manufacturing Logistics/Transportation organization preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interact with management, staff, and external firms required.
- Problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop interactive working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Prefer previous experience and knowledge of Transportation Management Systems.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Ability to operate at both the strategic and tactical implementation level.
- Continuous improvement mind set, including the ability to innovate and simplify legacy processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with an ERP system required, with SAP and TM preferred.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.