Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Manufacturing Operator (MNOP)
This is starting as an overnight position from 6:30 PM to 6:30 AM Monday - Thursday with some Fridays. In several months the shift will change to a 4X4 schedule and could be either days or nights.
The machine operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the production line.
- Operate manual and automated machines.
- Monitor machine for efficient operation.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Produce product that meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Weigh and record all production and scrap generated.
- Place finished product in proper storage area as needed using forklift, pallet jack, etc.
- Load and unload reels and raw materials as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds with physical force up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently without constant oversight.
- Traverse and inspect cable for flaws.
- Label all products produced by the line.
- Fills out production reports for finished cable.
- Perform housekeeping duties to insure a clean and safe work environment, which includes but is not limited to sweeping floors, cleaning railing, mopping and general housekeeping functions.
- Works in teams on goal-oriented projects
Required Experience and Skills
- Previous machine operator experience or operator helper experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of machine operator experience.
- 12 hour shifts from 6:30 – 6:30 on a 4-day on/4 day-off schedule including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or GED
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.