This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Immigration Language THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED AS A RESULT OF AN APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION FOR THE POSITION OF APPLICATIONS ENGINEER. ANY PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THE APPLICATION TO THE NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER OFFICE AND/OR CERTIFYING OFFICER OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR: U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration Harris Tower 233 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 410 Atlanta, GA 30303
This is a 4X4 position on the overnight shift from 6:30 PM to 6:30 AM
Senior Manufacturing Operator (SROP)
The Senior Manufacturing Operator (MNOP) position may require the employee to perform many tasks. These tasks may include physical manipulation or movement of product or materials, machine operations, forklift operation or other jobs as deemed necessary by business demands.
- Operate primary extruder to apply an insulating compound to the wire in accordance with engineering specifications and standard quality production procedures maintaining finished product dimensions between tolerance ranges specified.
- Set up extruder to include setting heat controls, selecting proper extrusion tools, cooling devices and the compound and wire supply specified.
- Set up and operate all necessary support equipment.
- Unload and correctly identify and store finished reels.
- Assist other operators in start-up, shut-down and change over procedure.
- Perform quality control checks on wire supply and finished wire to include adhesion, air leaks, correct size, eccentricity, and wall thickness.
- Monitor capacitance on wire as required.
- Take initiative when there is a problem by using your own skills and troubleshooting. Call technicians and maintenance when needed.
- Fill out all reports supplying information to needed areas on the product produced.
- Work closely with R & D Engineering on developing new products and evaluating new raw materials.
- Work in teams on goal-oriented projects.
- Perform general housekeeping duties around machine areas.
- Engage in Research and Development activities as required, either in direct support or direct supervision.
- Fiber Primary Operator will QC each tube before it goes to Stranding. Problems are reported to a Technician or to Supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- 12 hour shifts from 6:30 – 6:30 on a 4-day on/4 day-off schedule or a Monday – Thursday 12 hour shift, including weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.