This job is archived
- Operates primary extruder to apply an insulating compound to the wire in accordance with engineering specifications and standard quality production procedures, maintaining finished product dimensions between tolerance ranges specified, sets up extruder to include setting heat controls, selecting proper extrusion tools, cooling devices and the compound and wire supply specified.
- Set up and operate all necessary support equipment, for example, gas injection system, supplies, unload and correctly identify finished reels, obtain raw material supplies, store finished reels, supply attention time to line during run time and perform internal jobs such as assisting other operators in start-up, shut-down and change over procedure.
- Perform quality control checks on wire supply and finished wire to include adhesion, air leaks, correct size, eccentricity, and wall thickness. Monitor capacitance on wire as required. (Note: all above quality checks are not required on all wire.) As required, check quality on line, maintain test equipment.
- Takes initiative when there is a problem by using your own skills and troubleshooting. Call technicians and maintenance when needed.
- Fill out all reports properly supplying information to needed areas on the product produced
- Works closely with R & D engineering on developing new products and evaluating new raw materials. Works in teams on goal-oriented projects
- Perform general housekeeping duties around machine areas.
- Engages in Research and Development activities as required, either in direct support or direct supervision
- Fiber Primary Operator will QC each tube before it goes to Stranding. Problems are reported to a Technician or to Supervision.
- Works in teams on goal-oriented projects
- Other Duties as assigned.