The machine operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the production line.
- Operate manual and automated machines.
- Monitor machine for efficient operation.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Produce product that meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Count and record in SAP all production and scrap generated.
- Place finished product in proper storage area as needed using forklift, pallet jack, etc.
- Load and unload reels and raw materials as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds with physical force up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently without constant oversight.
- Traverse and inspect cable for flaws.
- Label all products produced by the line.
- Perform housekeeping duties to insure a clean and safe work environment, which includes but is not limited to sweeping floors, cleaning railing, mopping and general housekeeping functions.
- Works in teams on goal-oriented projects
- Integrity and reliable.
- Self-motivated and accepts challenges.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of machine operator experience.
- 12-hour night shifts from 6:30pm – 6:30am on a 4-day on/4 day-off schedule including weekends and holidays.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.