This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Overview of the Senior Manufacturing Operator family of jobs:
Employees in the Senior Manufacturing Operator family may perform the functions of a Primary Extruder Operator, a Jacket Extruder Operator, a Wire Mill 1 Operator or an Apparatus Operator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operates primary extruder to apply an insulating compound to the wire in accordance with engineering specifications and standard quality production procedures, maintaining finished product dimensions between tolerance ranges specified, sets up extruder to include setting heat controls, selecting proper extrusion tools, cooling devices and the compound and wire supply specified.
· Set up and operate all necessary support equipment, for example, gas injection system, supplies, unload and correctly identify finished reels, obtain raw material supplies, store finished reels, supply attention time to line during run time and perform internal jobs such as assisting other operators in start-up, shut-down and change over procedure.
· Perform quality control checks on wire supply and finished wire to include adhesion, air leaks, correct size, eccentricity, and wall thickness. Monitor capacitance on wire as required. (Note: all above quality checks are not required on all wire.) As required, check quality on line minder equipment.
· Takes initiative when there is a problem by using your own skills and troubleshooting. Call technicians and maintenance when needed.
· Fill out all reports properly supplying information to needed areas on the product produced
· Works closely with R & D engineering on developing new products and evaluating new raw materials. Works in teams on goal-oriented projects
· Perform general housekeeping duties around machine areas.
· Engages in Research and Development activities as required, either in direct support or direct supervision
· Fiber Primary Operator will QC each tube before it goes to Stranding. Problems are reported to a Technician or to Supervision.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.