The Maintenance Repairer 1 is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of business unit goals and objectives. This individual is also responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all facilities related equipment as directed by their supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and repair machine Electro-Mechanical malfunctions utilizing appropriate test equipment to analyze problems and correct deficiencies to include; multimeters, oscilloscopes, Laptop computers and PLC interface.
- Utilize mechanical equipment including lathes, mills, cutting and welding tools.
- Work effectively with Automation and Instrumentation devices in support of engineering or technicians.
- Troubleshoot equipment Motor and Drive control issues.
- Follow all proactive safety measures to include but not limited to NEC, NFPA and other pertinent safety codes. Ensure safety procedures, such as Lock-Out/Tag-Out are followed at all times.
- Possess extensive knowledge of production systems including but not limited to; compound system, air compressors and pit water system.
- Must have a strong fundamental understanding of 3 Phase electrical systems, machine/motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, VFD and Servo systems.
- Assist in developing, coordinating and managing ongoing in-house training programs.
- Support the Parts department by assisting with identifying and maintaining parts used on the equipment and inventory of repair parts and manufacturing supplies.
- Execute project assignments in a team-based environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate sound troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain PM and records for all plant equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings and schematics.
- Other general facilities and project duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of PLC experience.
- 2.5 years of demonstrated manufacturing experience working with PLCs/HMIs/VFDs controlling process and automation equipment.
- Minimum of 2.5 years of experience working with AC/DC/VFD drives.
- Good mechanical skill set.
- Electrical certification.
- Will consider military experience and training in lieu of industrial experience.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix, Legacy PLC Products, SLC and PLC5.
- Allen Bradley AC/DC drive products including Powerflex and Kinetix products.
- State electrical license preferred.
4X4 schedule 6:30 PM – 6:30 AM (12-hour shifts)
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate Degree in Mechatronics, Industrial Systems or related fields.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.