This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Immigration Language THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED AS A RESULT OF AN APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION FOR THE POSITION OF APPLICATIONS ENGINEER. ANY PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THE APPLICATION TO THE NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER OFFICE AND/OR CERTIFYING OFFICER OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR: U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration Harris Tower 233 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 410 Atlanta, GA 30303
Due to demand, CommScope is hiring Manufacturing Operator(s) for the Catawba, NC manufacturing plant. REQ (56607)
- Assists operators in performance of their duties as an aid in minimizing machine downtime and maximizing run time.
- Monitor product and inform operator of anything questionable
- Relieves operators for breaks, lunch, and personal delays by monitoring machine run time.
- Obtains supplies as directed. Assists in setups, stringups, supply, finished reel changes, and storing finished reels of core.
- As required, fills out production reports for finished cable, but the operator is responsible for the correctness of the reports
- Perform housekeeping duties to insure a clean and safe work environment, which includes but is not limited to sweeping floors, cleaning railing, mopping and general housekeeping functions.
- Works in teams on goal-oriented projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform quality control checks on wire supply and finished wire to include adhesion, air leaks, correct size, eccentricity, and wall thickness. Monitor capacitance on wire as required. (Note: all above quality checks are not required on all wire.) As required, check quality on line, maintain test equipment.
- Takes initiative when there is a problem by using your own skills and troubleshooting. Call technicians and maintenance when needed.
- Set up and operate all necessary support equipment, for example, gas injection system, supplies, unload and correctly identify finished reels, obtain raw material supplies, store finished reels, supply attention time to line during run time and perform internal jobs such as assisting other operators in start-up, shut-down and change over procedure.