Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and repair machine Electro-Mechanical malfunctions utilizing appropriate test equipment to analyze problems and correct deficiencies including multimeters.
- Utilize mechanical equipment including lathes, mills, cutting and welding tools.
- Troubleshoot equipment Motor and Drive control issues.
- Follow all proactive safety measures to include but not limited to NEC, NFPA and other pertinent safety codes. Ensure safety procedures, such as Lock-Out/Tag-Out are followed at all times.
- Possess extensive knowledge of production systems including but not limited to; compound system, air compressors and pit water system.
- Must have a basic understanding of 3 Phase electrical systems, machine/motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, VFD and Servo systems.
- Support the Parts department by assisting with identifying and maintaining parts used on the equipment and inventory of repair parts and manufacturing supplies.
- Execute project assignments in a team-based environment with minimal supervision.
- Develop sound troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain PM and records for all plant equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings and schematics.
- Other general facilities and project duties as assigned.
- Good mechanical skill set.
- Basic electrical knowledge and understanding.
- Will consider military experience and training in lieu of industrial experience.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of PLC experience with Allen Bradley ControlLogix, LegacyPLC products, SLC and PLC5.
- 2+ years of demonstrated manufacturing experience working with PLCs/HMIs/VFDs controlling process and automation equipment.
- 2+ years of experience working with AC/DC/VFD drives. Allen Bradley AC/DC drive products including Powerflex and Kinetix products preferred.
- Electrical certification.
Monday – Friday 9:00AM – 5:00PM (8-hour shifts)
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate Degree in Mechatronics, Industrial Systems or related fields.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.