This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Summary: Weekend Nights (Fri. 7pm - 7am; Sat. 7pm - 7am; Sun. 7pm - 7am)
The Assembly Operator III operates a variety of hand-activated, semi-automatic and assembly machines and/or performs hand assembly in 4 or more cells across value streams . Also performs maintenance and changeovers of assembly equipment.
High School diploma and at least 3 years of related machine operating experience - equivalent education background may be substituted for experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Loads housings or components into hopper or bowl, or orients in feed chute or machine fixture.
• Activates automated machines and monitors operations, or operates hand activated machines to process individual parts.
• Clears minor jams as necessary and/or notifies appropriate team members. Accurately documents variations, defects, and major machine malfunctions.
• Performs hand assembly or part processing operations. Assembly activities involve placing component parts together in the proper sequence and securing.
• Performs in process and final inspection to ensure that operations are producing quality parts. Will collect samples to visually inspect dimensions and/or functionality for accuracy. Utilize inspection instruments such as gages, dial indicators, and magnification devices.
• Refers to blueprints and/or QIP to determine appropriate dimensions and inspection procedures and locate inspection points.
• Maintains production logs, inspection records, and quality process control charts.
• Counts finished parts and packages them in bags, trays and/or cartons.
• Labels finished parts for storage or shipment.
• May carry material from stock and remove scrap material and finished parts from work area.
• May sort out defective parts and perform rework operations
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Set up, adjust, troubleshoot and maintain assembly equipment/machines.
• Analysis and resolution of assembly problems.
• Participates in technical discussions.
• Engages in creation of processes and equipment design.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.