Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a Maintenance Repairer I in one of our production and manufacturing facilities, you’ll install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment while always adhering to the highest standards of quality, safety and sustainability. This position, which is senior to the Maintenance Repairer II position, requires experience with electrical work.
- Analyze electro-mechanical problems and repair malfunctions by utilizing multimeters, oscilloscopes, computers and more
- Support the parts department by assisting with identifying, maintaining and keeping inventory of repair parts and manufacturing supplies
- Troubleshoot motor and drive control issues
- Assist in developing, coordinating and managing in-house training programs
- Maintain PM and records for all plant equipment
- Follow all safety measures, safety procedures and safety codes
- Sound troubleshooting and mechanical skills
- Able to read electrical drawings and schematics
- Work with automation and instrumentation devices in support of engineers and technicians
- Capable of utilizing lathes, mills, and cutting and welding tools
- Extensive knowledge of production systems, including compound systems, air compressors and pit water systems
- Strong understanding of three phase electrical systems, machine/motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, VFD and Servo Systems
- Capable of executing project assignments as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Minimum of two years PLC experience. Experience with ControlLogix, Legacy PLC products, SLC and PLC5 is preferred
- Two years of manufacturing experience working with HMIs and VFDs controlling process and automation equipment. Experience working with AC/DC drive products, including Powerflex and Kinetix, is preferred
- Military experience and technical training will be considered in place of industrial experience
- High school diploma/GED is required
- Associate's degree in mechatronics, industrial systems or a related field is preferred
Work hours and schedule
- 4x4 schedule
- 12-hour shifts (night shift)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.