Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Sewer. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, industrial sewing experience, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant location in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:00am-3:30pm). The rate of pay for this position is $14.88.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read the measurements of the stack of cloth to be sewed and obtain the proper border.
- Sew the border to the bottom piece of material, sew top piece of fabrics to the other end of the border.
- Sew ticket and label on cloth.
- Sew channels, hem the edges, and sew knife edges as needed.
- Perform general maintenance on machines (change needle, change thread, clear jams, etc.)
- Check quality of sewn product.
- Move finished product to designated area upon completion.
- Keep area clean and free of debris or hazards.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to use a sewing machine.
- Must be able to sit frequently, occasionally getting up to walk and move product.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must be able to complete production paperwork.
- At least 6 months of experience of industrial sewing experience is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)