HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Mattress Assembler position at our Hickory Bedding location in Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:00am-3:00pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check workstation out and set up.
- Load staple guns. Staple pad onto spring unit as it moves by workstation on turntable wear glove on hand not stapling.
- Staple foam or fiber topper to spring unit if required.
- Flip unit on conveyor and staple bottom pad.
- Place corner blocks and covers on built unit.
- When assembling foam mattress please rub along top and bottom to ensure that the mattress is dry.
- Place top on mattress and off load on dolly.
- Hog Ring Technique – Load clip with hog ring supply (2 per clip). Depending on which hand is used, place hand not holding hog ring gun 3 to 5 inches from area being hog ringed or one coils distance. Puncture insulator with hog ring gun teeth and squeeze trigger. Keep repeating process until unit is complete on one side. Flip unit and repeat process.
- Must have excellent work record and attendance.
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to heavy lift 60+ lbs.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to regularly stand, walk, use hands, and reach.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work overtime if needed.
- Must be able to complete other duties as assigned by management or lead person.