Position, adjust and secure coils on hand fed assembly machines to produce innerspring units of various sizes, according to the work order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place individual coils into assembly machine.
- Inspect the coil for knot quality.
- Activate machine to lace coils together.
- Remove completed innerspring from assembly machine.
- Monitor coiling machine to maintain quality and production counts.
- Keep coiler running at all times. Surplus coils are to be put into basket unless informed otherwise.
- Visually inspect the status of the coiler when the coiler shuts down. Restart the coiler if a coil has dropped.
- Replenish lubricant in the helical wick tray as needed.
- Straighten tangled lacing wire when practical.
- Turn off coiler when there is one turn of wire remaining on the wire spool to prevent jamming of the coiler.
- Coiler and assembler are to be shut down (including motors) when leaving the machine for 15 minutes or longer and at the end of the shift.
- Clean work area at the end of your shift.
- Being on the job daily is key to your success and the companies.
- Your supervisor will have the authority to ask you to help with additional job assignments as needed.
High School diploma/GED helpful but not necessary
Must be able to pass Drug Screen
Individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform this job successfully.