HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Assembler position at our Metal Plant Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:30am-3:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up workstation
- Load Staple Guns. Staple pad onto Spring Unit as it moves by workstation on turntable.
- Wear glove on hand not stapling.
- Staple foam or fiber topper to spring unit if required
- Flip unit on conveyor and staple bottom pad.
- Place corner blocks and covers on built unit
- Place top on mattress and offload on dolly
- When assembling foam mattress, rub along top and bottom to ensure that mattress is dry.
- Hog ring technique: Load clip with hog ring supply (2 per clip). Depending on which hand is used, place hand not holding hog ring gun 3 to 5 inches from area being hog ringed or one coils distance. Puncture insulator with hog ring gun teeth and squeeze trigger. Keep repeating process until unit is complete on one side. Flip unit and repeat process.
- Practice good safety and housekeeping techniques.
- Must be a self-motivated team player.
- Must be an organized multi tasker.
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and write on production sheets.
- Must be able to perform simple math (i.e. – counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing).
- Must be able to cross train throughout department.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Must be able to lift 60-80 pounds continuously all day.