This job is archived
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Obtain parts from point of use or warehouse.
- Assemble seats/frames/cushions using proper equipment according to specs.
- Material labeling/stenciling – Appropriately mark and label all pieces as required.
- Record production notes – complete any necessary production paperwork.
- Material Loading/Packaging – Package finished products in boxes, racks, or stack finished products on a flat/pallet as necessary.
- Daily cleanliness task of area and tools
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area,
- Maintain clean and neat work area.
- Practice proper safety techniques.
- Carry out prescribed preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules.
- Follow all procedures and guidelines.
- Must meet the requirements of the assigned cells.
- Must be able to meet required production times by end of 90 days.
- Material transportation - Transport all finished goods to shipping area.
- Assistance with physical inventory inspection and measurement as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operation of forklift may be required, as necessary. Forklift certification is required for anyone operating a forklift. Follow proper operating procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formal education not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Basic reading and writing skills are necessary
- Basic math skills are necessary (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- This position requires the ability to compile information, analyze information, decision making, problem solving, planning and short term memory and long term memory.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires standing on a regular basis.
- Position requires regular stretching and reaching.
- Position requires ability to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally
- See Job Physical Requirements Questionnaire below.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently noisy, work with moving objects present, and dusty. .
- The temperature in this work area may be in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, during the summer months.
- Overtime is required when necessary. Overtime is dependent upon production demands. The starting time or ending time of the shift as well as days of the week working may vary depending upon overtime requirements.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)