HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Tool and Die Maker position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:30pm-3:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Set up and operate surface grinders.
- Plan, construct, alter and repair tools and dies within tolerance.
- Work out mechanism details, fit, and assemble parts.
- Perform heat-treating, annealing, hardening, and tempering procedures and maintain logs.
- Works with customer specifications to make, assemble and test new dies.
- Interpret prints.
- Maintain safe work environment.
- Use multiple calibrated instruments.
- Advise and instruct Die Setters and Machinists.
- Must have a Tool and Die background, degree or certification preferred.
- Must have strong math and mechanical skills.
- Must be able to read blue prints and operator mills, grinders, and CNC equipment.
- Must have good communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work together in a team environment.
- Must be certified or able to operate a forklift.
- Computer aided drafting/machine experience, training and/or education is a plus.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.