Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Utility Person. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant location in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (Monday-Friday – 4:00pm-12:30am).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- At beginning of each shift, determine what job function is needed for the day.
- Learn all aspects of sewing department including stuffing/regulate/enclose cushions, blowing operation, cloth cutting and sewing
- Count finished product then place on buggies per customer requirements.
- Load buggies on and off trailers as needed.
- Practice good safety and housekeeping techniques.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and write on production sheets.
- Must be able to perform simple math (i.e. – counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing).
- Must be able to cross train throughout department.
- Basic computer skills are preferred.
- Foam manufacturing, foam fabrication, or shipping experience is preferred.