Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Utility Tech - Off Loader . This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Lenoir Plant in Lenoir, NC. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- At beginning of each shift, determine what job function is needed for the day.
- Perform any duty needed in the Cutting Dept. (functions include, but are not limited to; off-loading cut material, stamping/labeling product, aid machine operators move foam blocks for cutting, etc.)
- Practice good safety and housekeeping techniques.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and write on production sheets.
- Must be able to lift heavy – up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform simple math (i.e. – counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing).
- Must be able to cross train throughout department.
- Basic computer skills are preferred.
- Foam manufacturing or foam fabrication experience is preferred.