This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Sleeper Assembler. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Puts on joggle tube, attached to hinges with rivet gun.
- Puts on front and rear tube, front, front center leg.
- Puts on stabilizer wire, clips with clip gun.
- Puts on helical, T.V. Clips, and torsion springs.
- Puts on seat wire and X wire with clip gun.
- Lays soft deck on frame and puts wire on soft frame and attaches helical and T.V. clips.
- Puts on mat retainers.
- Folds bed and ties.
- Perform in process inspections.
- Stack beds on pallet.
- Remove hinges from crate.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must be able to write well.
- Must be able to count and do simple math.
- Production assembly a plus.
- Must be able to use rivet gun, clip gun, and leverage handles.
- Must be able to work with a partner.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
- Must be able to lift up to minimum 25-50 pounds frequently, 75 pounds occasionally.