Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Gluer. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Hiddenite Plant in Hiddenite, NC. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday-Friday, 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Glue foam, fiber, pull strips and/or other components together per specification sheet.
- Pinch & knife edge product as needed.
- Write initials on the finished product.
- Place finished product on conveyor belt or a flat as needed.
- Tally number of units on a daily production sheet.
- Change paper as instructed.
- Wear all required PPE.
- Keep area clean and free of debris or hazards.
- Practice good safety techniques.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply) and use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand orders and spec sheets.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends if necessary.
- Experience in Gluing is preferred.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.