Performs a variety of manual operations to repair, revise and construct dies, jigs, and fixtures, to support manufacturing. This is (1) open job for 1st shift : M – F from 6am -2pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Sharpen die sections, punches, blades and cut-off tooling.
- Replace or re-make broken sections.
- Build dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges from engineering drawings, holding close tolerances
- Assist engineering in die design by offering efficient ideas
- Troubleshooting problem dies
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department including removal of any fallen product, cleaning and maintenance of the equipment
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have ability to run/operate CNC and Mill.
- Capable of reading and constructing die sections from a print with close tolerances.
- Thoroughly familiar with tool shop practices
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work any shift with reasonable overtime
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent, with math skills to calculate overall dimension and tolerances.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a tool & die shop, using tool shop equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, bend at waist, stretch or reach, walk, and twist frequently.
- Ability to put parts together using vision and touch.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pull and apply up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work from heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be subject to moderate noise from machines in other departments. Hearing protection is required at this time.
- Non air and condition environment.
- Works with solvents, oils and grease on occasion.
- Normal work hours are from 2:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. Overtime is required when necessary. Overtime is dependent upon maintenance and production demands. The starting time or ending time of the shift as well as days of the week working may vary dependent upon overtime requirements.