HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Sewer position. Please consider joining us in our efforts to provide support to those in need related to the COVID-19 crisis. At our facility you will spend time operating industrial grade sewing machines to create medical gowns and garments. Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read the measurements of the stack of cloth to be sewed and obtain the proper border.
- Sew the border to the bottom piece of material, sew top piece of fabrics to the other end of the border.
- Sew ticket and label on cloth.
- Sew channels, hem the edges, and sew knife edges as needed.
- Perform general maintenance on machines (change needle, change thread, clear jams, etc.)
- Check quality of sewn product.
- Move finished product to designated area upon completion.
- Keep area clean and free of debris or hazards.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to use a sewing machine.
- Must be able to sit frequently, occasionally getting up to walk and move product.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must be able to complete production paperwork.
- At least 6 months of experience is preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)