This job is archived
Summary: Sew and perform various other duties to produce seat covers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Operating Sewing Machine – Sew various sizes and quantity of products following production orders and proper operating procedures for sewing machine.
- Material labeling/stenciling – Appropriately mark and label all pieces as required.
- Record production notes – complete any necessary production paperwork.
- Material Loading/Packaging – Package finished products in plastic bags or stack finished products on a flat/pallet as necessary.
- Daily cleanliness task of area and tools – Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly workstation.
- Maintain clean and neat work area..
- Practice proper safety techniques.
- Carry out prescribed preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules.
- Follow all procedures and guidelines.
- Must be able to operate at least one sewing machine proficiently by the end of probation.
- Must be able to sew up to 3 different products at cycle time by the end of probation.
- Material transportation - Transport all finished goods to shipping area. (cover only orders)
- Assistance with physical inventory inspection and measurement as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formal education not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a sewing manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Basic reading and writing skills are necessary
- Basic math skills are necessary (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- This position requires the ability to compile information, analyze information, decision making, problem solving, planning and short term memory and long term memory.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to read yard stick or tape measure
- Must be able acquire the ability to efficiently operate the sewing machine during the probationary period (first 60 days of employment.)