Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring Assemblers to support our Metro Cell division with opportunities located in Euless, Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mechanical Assemblers will inspect cable & antenna products and related components and accessories.
• Will lay out and install necessary wiring and components to meet service requirements for building expansions, interior space changes, or installation of new equipment.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other specifications to determine layouts and sequences of operations.
• In accordance with job directions and dimensional drawings, retrieves components and/or supplies from designated area(s) and sets up work area(s).
• Must perform work in compliance with all work instructions, procedures, and safety policies.
• Extensive use of basic hand tools --- will be expected to set-up, operate and maintain power tools, and equipment such as drills and rivet guns.
• Must be able to work with minimum level of supervision and able to determine the proper tools and support equipment needed to achieve all task elements.
• Will erect structural assemblies by installing and connecting parts, fittings, sub-assemblies, hole patterns including the application of coatings, sealants and adhesives.
• Must have experience fabricating, by cutting, trimming, filing and smoothing parts while verifying sizes and tolerances to ensure proper fit and clearance.
• Will be responsible for installing fasteners such as bolts, screws rivets and blind nuts.
• Must have knowledge of basic wiring & harness installations.
• May specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and assemblies.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Maintains assigned work area & equipment in a safe and professional manner.
• Provides guidance to less experienced Assemblers in job setup, proper technique, safe work habits, identifying equipment and / or material problems. May train associates and demonstrates proper procedures and practices.
• Employee is responsible for determining if he/she has adequate information and materials to complete task as directed.
• Questions regarding equipment operation, materials, assembly methods etc. are referred to the Operations Supervisor and/or Team Lead.
• Will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Minimum two (2) years manufacturing and/or mechanical assembly experience required.
• High School Diploma or GED desired.
• Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, climb or balance.
• Good verbal & written communication skills required.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
PLANNED WORKING SCHEDULE (Req #28490):
• Monday – Wednesday every other Thursday: 5:00am – 5:00pm.
• Overtime may be required based on business need.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.