Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
• Engineer new furniture and custom quote designs using SolidWorks CAD Design Software.
• Provide engineering solutions for products through creative design and by applying up-to-date design solutions, techniques, methods, and technology.
• Develop proper documentation by creating and maintaining project records.
• Assure efficient and effective designs by directly working with designers, frame builders, pattern makers, vendors and others.
• Contribute to team objectives through effective communication and teamwork and provide technical assistance where needed.
• Work collaboratively with the Merchandising team to develop product designs by studying competitive products and by identifying customer needs.
• Contribute to the progression of product designs and mindfulness of new innovations by continuing education, reading and networking.
• Technical competence and knowledge in Engineering with preferably 2 + years of experience; a strong working understanding of upholstery engineering, terminology, and practice in the upholstery industry.
• 2+ years of SolidWorks or other CAD Design Software experience.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
• Can do positive attitude.
• Skills in conceptual drawings, concept development, design, analysis, testing, trouble shooting, physical modeling/prototyping.
• Experience is required with upholstery items; frames, fabrics and foam.
• Organizational skills and the ability to manage own time and resources effectively.
• Ability to communicate in oral, written, and illustration form.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as working in a small team environment.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office products efficiently.