This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is currently recruiting for a Patent Specialist to join our legal team in Horsham, PA.
Enhance the effectiveness of the Legal Department with respect to intellectual property responsibilities by providing analysis and management support to the IP Legal team, others within the Legal Department, and various business teams within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Analyze and manage company patent portfolio for business segment(s). Run reports on company's patents and compile and analyze data as needed.
- Review and approve new Invention Record Forms (IRF). Coordinate with inventors, patent counsel and patent liaisons for timely filing, prosecution and maintenance of patent portfolio.
- Regular interaction and good communication with designated patent liaisons across the business for instructions and decisions on filing and maintaining patent cases.
- Review and analyze incorporation of inventions into company products and management of patent marking website.
- Frequent communication with outside law firms on various tasks, including training support staff on company procedures.
- Organize, schedule and attend quarterly patent committee meetings (may require travel). Coordinate with outside counsel on agenda and follow up action items.
- Manage patent incentive program for inventors.
- Prepare legal documents specific to intellectual property and general correspondence. Compile and analyze special reports as needed.
- Assist with product clearance, enforcement, licensing, litigation and acquisition activities.
- Process IP-related outside counsel and other IP-related vendor billing.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned. Provide support to other members of the legal department as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in technology.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a related position.
- Analytical skills, decision-making skills and investigative skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of intellectual property concepts and practices preferred.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Ability to take independent action and to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Proficiency in standard business software applications, including Microsoft Office. comfortable with learning new software programs as may be required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and oral & written communication skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.