CommScope is seeking a Legal Operations Intern to join our team in Hickory, NC!
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Legal Operations Intern, you will be responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of the Corporate Legal Department by collaborating with the Director, Legal Business Operations and Operations team. You will ensure advanced solutions are scalable, reliable, and trust worthy for decision makers. You will use your skills and learning ability to do data analysis, data mining and prepare dashboards for presentations to Legal leadership.
Over the summer, this intern will become familiar with the inner workings of a fast-paced corporate environment and hone skills relating to strategizing and systematic project roll-out for the support of a variety of manufacturing operations related to the manufacturing of metal components for the telecommunication industry.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Providing assistance to Global Legal Team via multiple outlets including project assistance, application upkeep, and research-oriented problem-solving.
- Developing analytical solutions using statistical analytics and data mining solutions.
- Becoming a subject matter expert in assigned functional areas and prepare training initiatives based on said subject matter.
- Providing daily process support for the billing management effort via the web-based system.
- Collaborating with operations team to design and implement cost-saving solutions.
- Preparing presentation for department-wide circulation.
- Assisting with other department initiatives, including particularly technology-based initiatives.
- Developing and defining metrics, dashboard updating & reporting.
- Providing assistance and administrative support to other members of the legal department as needed.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s degree from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
- Highly proficient with computers and office technology (Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, e-mail, research, electronic filing system, etc.)
You Will Excite Us If You
- Have a proven understanding of data mining, statistical analysis and predictive analysis concepts
- Process-oriented, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Possess a positive attitude, strong interpersonal and communication skills, exhibit a professional demeanor and the ability to work with all levels of staff, including Executive-level
- Self-motivated with leadership mentality, and strong demonstrated ability to adapt and quickly learn new processes
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.